[ltp] Suspend on T40, 2.6.0-test8

Carl Nygard linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
23 Oct 2003 13:25:50 -0400

On Thu, 2003-10-23 at 04:28, Gerald Arnould wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 01:10:34 -0700
> Jordan Benjamin <jordanb@caltech.edu> wrote:
>
> > I am currently using kernel 2.6.0-test8 with the radeonfb line length
> > patch for the console, and XFree86 4.3.99.14. I'm using the radeon
> > driver from the XFree package, although the ATI binary (v3.2.8 I
> > think) worked as well.
> >
> > Anyway, when I close the lid with X running the screen blanks and
> > turns off, but the rest of the machine continues running. Upon opening
> > the lid the screen turns back on but remains black. (I just checked
> >

> I solved the problem by using the vesafb driver instead of radeonfb.

I had vesafb and suspend/resume working for -test7.  When I upgraded to
-test8, It will suspend, but the screen turns to hash.  This was the
same behavior I had with 2.4.22-ac4 and stock RH9, and it was fixed when
I upgraded to the XFree86 rpm's from Fedora (severn).

Now that they're back, I'm a bit clueless again, although I might have
to try XF86 from CVS.

However, -test8 fixed the cpudynd problem where it couldn't write to
/proc/cpufreq, so that was a plus.

Any clues?
--
Carl Nygard <cjnygard@fast.net>