[ltp] Suspend on T40, 2.6.0-test8

Jordan Benjamin linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 23 Oct 2003 10:47:21 -0700

So, I just tried switching to vesafb. Still no luck. Closing the lid
turns off the backlight and blanks the screen, while apm -s only blanks
the screen. In neither case does the machine actually suspend. I've
tried both in the console and in X. In the console the machine does
actually come back from this, while in X the screen stays blank until I
restart remotely. I kind of think maybe apm is crashing, since it
stayed running until I killed it the last time I tried this.

It kind of sounds like everyone who's gotten this to work is using
Debian or Redhat...maybe that has something to do with it.

If your machine is suspending properly now, would you mind sending me
your kernel .config and dmesg output? Also, what does your /proc/apm
say?

Thanks,
Jordan