[ltp] Suspend on T40, 2.6.0-test8

Fri, 24 Oct 2003 08:52:13 +0200

On Thu, Oct 23, 2003 at 15:25:59 -0400, Brad Langhorst wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-10-23 at 04:10, Jordan Benjamin wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I've got a T40 on which I've installed Gentoo. After a couple weeks of
> > ignoring my real job I've gotten most things working. (Alexander Gran's
> > page at http://zodiac.dnsalias.org/misc/t40p.html was extremely useful
> > in getting the video and touchpad running properly.) I haven't yet
> > tried to get the madwifi Atheros driver running, but at the moment
> > suspend/resume is much more important to me.
> the wifi is trivially easy compared to the suspend resume from X
>

> > Who's gotten this to work with accelerated 3d graphics (the machine's
> > useless otherwise)? Which video driver? Do you have to switch out of X
> > or not (I seem to be able to switch TO a console, but not back).
> i now have it working properly with the radeon driver (glxgears ~
> 200fps)

Only 200fps? I doubt that this is accelerated 3d graphics. It should at
least return a number greater than 700, since this is the frame rate on
my A30, and I think the T40 graphics chip is at least as fast as the
one in my A30 (Radeon M6 LY).

You can check the output of glxinfo | grep direct.

Regards,
Tino