[ltp] USB Mouse X30

Berant Lemmenes linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 24 Oct 2003 09:00:42 -0400

Hello all,

I just recently purchased an IBM X30, I've been very pleased with the
linux support, having everything working other than the most simple of
devices... an external USB mouse!!!

A USB Mouse has never been a tricky thing on any of the linux laptops
and desktops I've used in the last several years, however this one is
proving problematic.

I've tried it plugged right into the laptop, into a full dock, and into
a port replicator.  Nothing works, using the same kernel config/xconfig
as the past.

The /dev/usbmouse device get's created and links to the correct
/dev/input node... however if I cat /dev/usbmouse and then move the
mouse I get nothing...

The real kicker is that when using a cdrom in the full dock, even the
Knoppix cd has no mouse....

The mouse is a Logitech MX-700, I've used it with my prior laptops, and
everything works fine when dual-booted to the original IBM windows 2k
install.

Any help would be much appreciated as this is quite annoying, and I
would love to use my mouse again! (Though on the plus side, I have
gotten quite good with the touch-point moues... ;)

Thank you in advance,

Berant Lemmenes