[ltp] 3d on t40 - New Thinkpad user

Keith O'Brien linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 26 Oct 2003 14:26:43 -0500

Tino Keitel wrote:

>On Tue, Oct 21, 2003 at 10:10:11 -0400, Keith O'Brien wrote:
>

>>Hello My first attempt was to big. So I trimmed the log files. =)
>>
>>I'm having a problem getting direct rendering working. The details:
>>System :
>>thinkpad t40 :
>>http://www5.pc.ibm.com/us/products.nsf/$wwwPartNumLookup/_237372U
>>ATI Mobility Radeon 7500
>>RedHat 9.0
>>kernel 2.4.22
>>XFree86-4.3
>>
>>Everything is working except  direct rendering.  The logs say that
>>direct rendering is coming up.
>>(II) RADEON(0): Direct rendering enabled
>>However glxinfo says that it is not on:
>>direct rendering: No
>>
>>I'll be happy to add any additional information. Below are the output
>>from glxinfo and XFree86.0.log. (trimmed)
>>
>>Thanks,
>>Keith.
>>

>The is a short troubbleshooting guide at
><http://dri.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/moin.cgi/DriTroubleshooting>, maybe
>that helps.
>
>Regards,
>Tino

Thanks everyone for their responses. I checked out the trouble shooting
guide and found that the binary I had downloaded was bad:
"*Note, that as of 2003-09-21, the binary packages being distributed
from dri.sourceforge.net are broken. If you want current DRI
<http://dri.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/moin.cgi/DRI>, use CVS
<http://dri.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/moin.cgi/CVS> for now."

So not wanting to play with CVS I went to RH 9.1 beta. I don't normally
like doing upgrades but I was feeling lazzy, and my laptops stabilty
isn't all that important. Thankfully all went smoothly .

Thanks everyone for their response. Now I just need to get the wifi card
working.
Keith.
*