[ltp] More on Problems Printing from Netscape

James McKenzie linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 25 Oct 2003 21:06:54 -0700

Richard:

I don't run kprinter as I run Gnome (the default interface) under Red
Hat.  It appears that something changed with my RH setup as I have tried
the following:

lpr '-P '+${MOZ_PRINTER_NAME}
and
lpr '-P '+'${MOZ_PRINTER_NAME}'
and (lastly)
lpr -P${MOZ_PRINTER_NAME}

None of these work, but if I put the following in the Postscript/default
printer setting, it works:
lpr -P Canon_Bubblejet.

Now the printer settings that do not work look like the following:
XR_Printer@localhost.localdomain:33 or
Canon_Bubblejet@localhost.localdomain:33

Any ideas?

Thanks.