[ltp] More on Problems Printing from Netscape

James McKenzie linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 25 Oct 2003 23:09:38 -0700

The saga gets more interesting:

I edited the prefs.js file and changed the settings for the
XR_Printer1@localhost.localdomain:33 and Postscipt/default printer to
MATCH!  The setting is as follows:

lpr -P XR_Printer1
which matches that in the CUPS system.

When I print to the XR_Printer1, no dialog box comes up and nothing is
printed. If I select the Postscript/default printer, I get the dialog
box and the job is spooled through to CUPS and shows on the CUPS printer
administration web page.

The same thing happens if I change the settings to print to
Canon_Bubblejet printer.

I will send the prefs.js file as I see no problem in doing so. However,
I will not 'spam' the list with this file, so request if you want it.  I
suspect something is wrong with the xprint server between Netscape and CUPS.

James McKenzie