[ltp] track-pad stopped working after configuring a mouse

Mon, 27 Oct 2003 01:48:07 +0100

On Mon, 2003-10-27 at 00:34, otisg wrote:
> I have a T40 whose track-pad (I think that's what those things
> are called), as well as the little rubbery pointer (the thing in
> the middle of the keyboard) stopped working, after I started
> using a mouse with this TP.
> I cannot find a place where I can re-enable the track-pad, so I
> can use it when I don't have a mouse handy. :(
>
> Can anyone tell me where/how a track-pad can be re-enabled?

At least for the T2x series the default configuration is like that that
the trackpoint gets disabled as soon as the mouse is connected (switch
actually happens on bootup, since it's a bios thing).

However, you can edit the setting in the bios settings, with the wi*dows
tool or with tpctl.

I imagine that it's similar with the newer series.

Just shutdown, disconnect the mouse, power up the notebook,
trackpoint/trackpad should be working again.

André.