[ltp] Removing the pre-desktop area

Gerald Arnould linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 25 Oct 2003 14:54:43 +0200

On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 13:43:35 +0200
Tim Rademacher <t.rademacher@gmx.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I tried to get the CD as well. First I called the technical support
> line. I told, that I deleted the hidden partition on my t40p. He was
> very kind, told me, that it's not a problem and that a technician
> would give me a call later.
>
> This technician told me, that it's _not_ possible to delete this
> hidden partition on a t40p. Even after telling him that fdisk _can_
> very well destroy the partition, he didn't change his mind.
>
> I'm very angry about this behaviour, in particular because I bought
> Software (WinXP) which I can't use.
>
> This is now 6 weeks ago. I was on holiday and had no time to call
> these people again. However, the next notebook I buy, won't be an
> IBM...
>
> Tim

 I've received the 4 restauration CDs, after 2 phone call to the IBM
support center here in France. I just have said that I bought another
Hard Drive, and wanted to be able to use it in my t40p. I receive the
CDs 3 days later, with no charge at all.

(I bought the t40p 2 months ago)

These are just burned CD, with an IBM cover, so I guess they produce
them more or less depending on demand.