recovery CD's (was RE: [ltp] Removing the pre-desktop area)

Carl Friedberg linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 27 Oct 2003 09:53:33 -0500

It has been my experience that IBM will always give you the
recovery cd's if the machine is still under warranty. I
don't know what happens once the machine goes out of
warranty; it will depend on the tech you speak with...

There is hardware maintenance available for
out-of-warranty machines, this link to a pdf gives the
details (for the US):

Current WAMO guide:
http://www-1.ibm.com/services/its/us/source/wamomxeu.pdf

Disclaimer: I am an IBM reseller...