[ltp] track-pad stopped working after configuring a mouse

otisg linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 27 Oct 2003 13:07:15 -0500

Thank you, thanks also to Andre and Dan.
I now have the track-pad, the pointer, and the USB mouse
working.... ah, the wheel is not working now :)

Otis

Get your own "800" number
Voicemail, fax, email, and a lot more
http://www.ureach.com/reg/tag

---- On Mon, 27 Oct 2003, Gonzalo Avaria (gonzalux@surnet.cl)
wrote:

> Hi Otisg
> I have a TP600x but went thru the same problem when installed
a usb optical
> mouse. Here is a copy of my XFree config file:
>
> Section "InputDevice"
>     Identifier "Mouse1"
>     Driver "mouse"
>     Option "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
>     Option "Device" "/dev/usbmouse"
>     Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
> EndSection
>
> Section "InputDevice"
>     Identifier "Mouse2"
>     Driver "mouse"
>     Option "Protocol" "PS/2"
>     Option "Device" "/dev/psaux"
>     Option "Emulate3Buttons"
>     Option "Emulate3Timeout" "50"
> EndSection
>
> Section "ServerLayout"
>     Identifier "layout1"
>     InputDevice "Keyboard1" "CoreKeyboard"
>     InputDevice "Mouse1" "CorePointer"
>     InputDevice "Mouse2" "AlwaysCore"
>     Screen "screen1"
> EndSection
>

> Where the "AlwaysCore" instruction is important because it
keeps your
> trackpoint (the thing in the keyboard) always working.
> I hope this helps
> Greet.
> Gonzalo
>
> On Sunday 26 October 2003 23:34, otisg wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have a T40 whose track-pad (I think that's what those
things
> > are called), as well as the little rubbery pointer (the
thing in
> > the middle of the keyboard) stopped working, after I
started