[ltp] 600x DVD

Satish Balay linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 27 Oct 2003 23:33:58 -0600 (CST)

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003, James McKenzie wrote:

> Satish:
>
> Just how much of this site do I have to download?
>
> It looks like a real loooooong download.

I guess you are looking at yum download of all the rpm-headers.

The first time yum is run - it downloads the rpm headers of all the
rpm files. Subsequently all depnendencies are computed using the info
in the rpm header files stored locally.

Also, you might have rh9 as well as rh9-updates specified in your
yum.conf (which is the correct thing to do - for obtaining all the
dependencies) - and this will update quiet a few rpm headers.

You can check out the downloaded stuff in /var/cache/yum. For eg: I
have the following:

livna-stable : 496KB
rawhide      : 30M

Satish