[ltp] External PS2 Mouse on T40?

Williams, Elliot - BLS linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 28 Oct 2003 18:01:50 -0500

Hi all,

I'm trying to set up my office with a desktop and my T40 on a KVM switch so
that I can use one screen/mouse/keyboard combo for the two computers.  So
far, I think I have all the hardware together -- ps2 KVM switch, ps2 mouse
and keyboard, and a port replicator II for the T40.

Now the tricky part.  When I plug in the ps2 mouse input, the pointer moves
to the right side of the screen and sticks there -- a conflict between the
touchpad/stick and the external mouse?

Is is possible to set up my XF86Config to allow both the interal and
external mice?  Or a config so that I can use the internal when not docked
and the external when docked?  What do you docking folk do?

Thanks in advance.  You guys are a fantastic resource.

						Elliot.