[ltp] Trackpoint, trackpad and the mouse

Paul Kaplan linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 29 Oct 2003 22:52:53 -0400

How do I disable only the trackpad on a T40 without disabling the Trackpoint
(red hockey puck) or the mouse?  Using kernel 2.4.22-18mdk on Mandrake 9.2

Specifically, the trackpoint (but not the pad) misbehaves on the IBM external
keyboard (which has both), but only when the keyboard is plugged in to the
USB hub (2.0) on the port replicator.  All devices work when the keyboard is
plugged directly into the side of the box itself.  A mouse plugged into the
USB (1.1) on the keyboard works fine both ways.  Alternatively, how do I fix
my USB connections?
TIA
Paul