[ltp] IBM 11a/b/g mini-PCI Wireless card

Gerald Arnould linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 29 Oct 2003 23:45:18 +0100

On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 21:46:04 +0100
VINCENT R=E9mi <diorf@diorf.no-ip.org> wrote:

> Hi,
> I have followed what you say but I can't get my IBM 11a/b mini-PCI
> Wireless card working. The driver (madwifi) compile fine and modules
> loads fine too, but the light on the system state still just stay off
> (I have no other wifi product so I just test if it's on or not by
> looking the led). The thing I am wondering about is that I've got the
> wireless card deactivated under windows by pressing Fn+F5 and choosing
> it on the On Screen Display, so I'm just wondering if it can have
> disable totally my wireless card??? I no totally sure but when the
> madwifi driver loads he found the good MAC Address but after nothing
> append??? so does your card work without turning the system state led
> on, or my card doesn't work???

the led stays off, even when the modules are loaded. apart from that,
everything is working perfectly. To deactivate your card, just unload
the modules...
In my case, Fn+F5 turn bluetooth on, and the bluetooth led is properly
lit proceeding that way. The modules are loaded via hotplug, but are not
unloaded when using Fn+F5 a second time.