[ltp] T40 Centrino WLAN

Tobias Weyand linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 30 Oct 2003 10:38:51 +0100

Markus Nospers wrote:

> Hi,
>
> does anyone hast tested the Centrino WLAN Driverloader yet?
> ( http://www.linuxant.com/company/ )
> It's a bit nasty wiith the registration and the trial I think, but if
> it's
> working, it would be okay. Unfortunatly I had no chance to test
> it yet.
>
> Greets
> Markus

Hi!

I have a Thinkpad T40 with Gentoo Linux and Kernel 2.6.0-test6-mm4 and
the driver is working! Finally!
I had some troubles with the 1.21 version, but the 1.22 drivers work
rather good. OK, this sucks because they're a damned trial version and
no "real" Linux drivers, but at least it works.

The installation was as simple as described in the INSTALL file,
although I could not use Firebird for the web administration, because it
does not find the upload cgi script. Opera worked fine. The driver files
were located in <c:>/drivers/network/w70n51.[inf|sys].

I wonder how Intel's reaction will be and when oh when I can finally
install real non-limited Linux drivers.

Greetings - Tobias