[ltp] Noisy hard disk

Carl Nygard linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
30 Oct 2003 14:38:36 -0500

I've got a T40 with the 40Meg high speed drive, and I barely hear either
spin or access noise.  It's nice and quiet, and I was very surprised.

However, in my experience, any time you start to hear spin whine, esp if
you haven't heard it before, it's time to get a new HD, because it's
about to die.

--
Carl Nygard <cjnygard@fast.net>