[ltp] T30 Hibernate help needed!!

Hector Socas Navarro linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 03 Sep 2003 08:15:40 -0600

Thanks Tino and Ramon for your replies. I'm not sure how to "enable"
hibernate in BIOS. I can't see any settings for this. There are some
settings to put the system into hibernation after it's been suspended
for some time and things like that. Is it possible that we have
different BIOS versions?

> * Is the hibernation file in a FAT32 partition?

I'm using a hidden FAT16 partition, which is what the tphdisk program
says when you execute it with no args.

> * Are you using APM or ACPI?

I don't know, I always assumed it's APM because I have the apmd daemon
running and I can execute commands such as apmsleep. How can I find out?

> In my X.31 it works fine with APM but not
> with ACPI (by the way, recent ACPI versions + some experimental ones allow
> newer thinkpads e.g. those with lots of AE_TIME and embedded controller
> problems to finally work)

Hector
--
                       Hector Socas-Navarro