[ltp] installing linux on IBM tp 600

Paul Kaplan linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 3 Sep 2003 18:10:44 -0400

I've had good luck with Mandrake 9.x on a 600 and 600x. 4Gb is fine, but I'd
suggest limiting the number of Window managers.  The autodetect doesn't seem
to handle sound very well on either machine for me.  Knoppix also works on
both machines (sound too), but I haven't installed to the hd.  150Mb RAM is
OK, but more would be better.
Paul