[ltp] T40 S-video out

Michael Lambert linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
04 Sep 2003 08:56:28 -0500

Hello, everyone.

I'm new to thinkpads, and laptops in general, so please be gentle with
the flamethrowers.

I've got a T40 with a Radeon M6 running gentoo linux with the ac sources
kernel v2.4.22-rc2-ac3. I am using XFree-drm for video dirvers.
Everything is working great and was relatively easy to configure, except
for the tv out. When I issue the command 'tpctl --sdx' I can see that
the the tv display line is marked as disabled on the CMOS and current
columns. Trying 'tpctl --sdt=enable' seems to have no effect. I've poked
around the BIOS but can see nothing that seems to relate to this issue.

I suspect that my X driver may be at fault, but I'd like to have some
confirmation that this is the problem before I change something that is
working well otherwise. I've attempted to RTFM for tpctl, but I haven't
found the manual yet (other than the man pages).  Googling has so far
turned uyp little relevant info. I did find an earlier post to this list
that discussed using tpctl to enable video out, but I'm unaware of the
details of that poster's hardware / software.

I'd appreciate any help I could get on this issue. If I get the svideo
out working, then there is no need for me to reinstall windoze on this
box.

Thanks,

Michael Lambert