[ltp] T40 S-video out

Vivek linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 4 Sep 2003 16:11:35 +0100 (BST)

On 4 Sep 2003, Michael Lambert wrote:

[snip]
> it results in 'VBE call failed.'
>
> What I am most curious about is the meaning of 'CMOS disabled' from the
[snip]

Could be a BIOS setting - nose around in there next time you reboot
and see what you can find. The VBE call is, aiui, an attempt to get
specs from the display device. If atitvout can sense the display,
and you are running at a sufficently low resolution, you should be able
to get things going with `atitvout t` or `atitvout -r t` : You may not
be able to get both LCD and TV display at the same time - my A20p
used to do this, but fairly temperamentally - it doesn't now.