[ltp] Booting T40p from USB HD or USB CD/DVD

Joel Ebel linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 04 Sep 2003 13:12:51 -0400

Yes.  I do it on a regular basis.  I develop my USB based distribution
on my T40.  USB floppies and cd-roms will show up differently in the
BIOS.  A USB hard drive or pen drive will show up under hard drives in
the bios and you do have to go in the BIOS and change the boot order
each time you want to do it, unless you get a boot loader set up
properly on the primary hard drive.  If you do that, the BIOS won't matter.

Joel