[ltp] Re: T40 S-video out

Daniel Pittman linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 05 Sep 2003 10:31:25 +1000

On 04 Sep 2003, Michael Lambert wrote:
> I'm new to thinkpads, and laptops in general, so please be gentle with
> the flamethrowers.

This is a tricky subject, so no surprises it's hard to get working.

> I've got a T40 with a Radeon M6 running gentoo linux with the ac
> sources kernel v2.4.22-rc2-ac3. I am using XFree-drm for video
> dirvers. Everything is working great and was relatively easy to
> configure, except for the tv out. When I issue the command 'tpctl
> --sdx' I can see that the the tv display line is marked as disabled on
> the CMOS and current columns. Trying 'tpctl --sdt=enable' seems to
> have no effect. I've poked around the BIOS but can see nothing that
> seems to relate to this issue.

Plug in the TV-Out adapter to your laptop, plug that into the TV, then
reboot the system with that in place.

Then you should be able to use 'atitvout' to turn on the TV-Out display.

FWIW, try all the different 'model' flags to atitvout for each
operation, as I need -f for one and -r for another, IIRC.

           Daniel

--
A wonderful discovery, psychoanalysis.
Makes quite simple people feel they're complex.