[ltp] Re: T30 Hibernate help needed!!

Bernd Zeimetz linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 8 Sep 2003 08:40:15 +0200 (MEST)

Hi,

> > When I ran "tphdisk 550 > /mnt/dosd/save2dsk.bin" on a FAT32
> > (partid=b) hda6 partition, my T30 refused to boot.  It wouldn't even
> > enter BIOS setup with F1, nor let me select bootdevice with F12.  To
> > fix it, I had to boot from a CD with the harddisk disconnected, then

on my R40 I had to boot with the standalone disk from
http://www-3.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-4PESMK
and create a hibernation partition. tphdisk didn't work. Not
with a file in a FAT32 and not with a Partition.
Running the progs from the disk under DOS also didn't work.
You have to boot frm the disk.

Bernd

--

  Bernd Zeimetz  - DH4PH -               Tel.: +49 (0)6151 16-4333
  RechnerBetriebsGruppe               Raum: S1/13 11a (alt 25/11a)