[ltp] ati fireGL 9000

William R Sherman linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 8 Sep 2003 12:09:56 -0500 (CDT)

> the t40p (and I think only the 'p')  does 1400x1050 on 14"

Good.  I was going to ask which specific models of the t40 people
were using.  I'm still debating which laptop to get for doing good,
fast 3D rendering, and also handle video I/O through IEEE 1394 and
other video stuff.  I've had a few people recommend against the
ATI graphics for Linux, which is causing me to lean toward the
Dell Ispiron 8600 (which has an option for a 1900x1200 screen -- not
sure how many bits deep, but I'd get it with a 128M GeForceFX Go 5650).

I've been to the IBM website though, and it's so hard to figure out
which model is the best for real-time 3D graphics and video.  (They're
webpages are a mess -- at least the ones I've seen).

	Bill

--
Bill Sherman
VR Impresario & co-author of "Understanding Virtual Reality"