[ltp] ati fireGL 9000

Christopher Gavin linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
08 Sep 2003 18:15:05 +0000

Ahh well its old news, but the reason I bought and swiftly re-sold a T20
was because the panel was awful. Its rated at 1024x768 but looked more
like 800x600 on a CRT.

I am extremely wary of new laptops offering 'high res' panels and think
they are deceptive marketing in a lot of cases.

Just my own personal paranoia .. but I couldn't use an i-book or a TP
for this reason. 1600x1200 is really a must on larger (14"+) screens -
for me that is. I'm sure a lot of people don't consider it such a big
deal. I'm obsessive about getting plenty of shells on my desktop and not
feeling clusterphobic on workspaces is important. I used to get round it
by using multiple desktops but having more or less everything on one is
so much the nicer.

G.