[ltp] mpg, wav, wmv, mov, and avi formats

Wed, 10 Sep 2003 08:26:01 +0200

On Tue, Sep 09, 2003 at 09:42:06 -0700, Dan Sawyer wrote:
> All,
>
> I would like to use these formats from linux and mozilla. Are there
> plugins??
>
> Thanks,
> Dan

Mplayer should be able to play most of the formats. On x86, you can use
the windows codecs with mplayer, so all files that can be opened by the
M$ MediaPlayer should work with mplayer.

There is a plugin for netscape, mozilla etc. that uses mplayer to play
the files directly inside the browser. This will also work with streams
(if the streaming format is supported). However, I haven't used this
plugin for myself, so I can not provide a link here. You could try
Google.

Regards,
Tino