[ltp] Re: T40 S-video out

Michael Lambert linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
10 Sep 2003 14:39:40 -0500

>Plug in the TV-Out adapter to your laptop, plug that into the TV, then
>reboot the system with that in place.
>
>Then you should be able to use 'atitvout' to turn on the TV-Out display.
>
>FWIW, try all the different 'model' flags to atitvout for each
>operation, as I need -f for one and -r for another, IIRC.
>
>           Daniel

I was able to successfully display on my tv using 'atitvout -f t'. However,
as soon as I touch the mouse or keyboard, the video 'reverses', giving an
effect somewhat similar to a photo negative. I'm running Xfree 4.3 with
XFree-drm radeon drivers. I was able to work around this using a plain
vanilla XFree86.config using vesa drivers, but now DVD and video playing
hammers the processor. Has anyone else experienced this?

--
Michael Lambert <mlambe7@lsu.edu>