[ltp] Xircom RE-100 PCMCIA net card on ThinkPad 380XD

sunkenice walton linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 11 Sep 2003 13:31:22 +0800

On Thursday 11 September 2003 13:02, Mauro Maroni wrote:
> I have a similar problem: I have a xircom ethernet card (pcmcia) that is
> automatically recognized by the xirc2ps_cs module, but I have to disable
> if I want to use the modem (ACP mwave 3780)
>
> Im running slackware 9.0 with 2.4.22 in a Thinkpad 600E
>
> Any idea?
>
> Thanks
> Mauro
Two things:

For network:
The problerm comes from the network configurations. for example, router.
You can simplely run /sbin/ifconfig eth0 down and then dial, it is ok.

For hardware:
If you can not use modem because of IO port and IRQ problerm . you can install
the modules with the other unused port and irq.

--

Sunkenice Walton
SomeBody call me: Devil of Devil