[ltp] IBM WLAN NIC

Dan Borello linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 14 Sep 2003 20:39:06 -0500

My poor t40 took a turn for the worst a few weeks ago.  I left my windows open and it was sitting in a puddle.  Thank god for it being insured.  I have finally sorted out all of the paper work and about ready to order a new one.

I had a 1.5ghz with the XGA panel.  It came with an Intel WLAN NIC and I bought a cisco card from cdw.com and replaced it.  I am looking at a 1.6 with the SXGA screen just because I love the nice resolution.

I took my old laptop in for a quote on repairs and they claim that the cisco card is dead.  How is the support on the IBM card coming along.  I know there were some sucess stories.  I have a spare Intel card, I am sure that is of no use though.

I can't wait to get my thinkpad back.  It is rare when you have a chance to get something new that you buy the same exact thing, but I feel IBM makes a great laptop.

dan