[ltp] Mini-PCI 802.11b on R40?

Jens Kirch linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 15 Sep 2003 19:04:51 +0200 (MEST)

Hello,

this card will not work, since IBM included some code in the BIOS that will
not accept cards that carry a different manufacturers code than IBM's.
Best regards,

             Jens

> However, if I were buying something new, I'd probably look for a
> tri-mode Mini-PCI card, but I don't know much about them.  This one
> seems to be tri-mode and uses the Atheros chipset (that is what is in
> the IBM card):
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3430943841
>
> But i have no idea if it would work on the thinkpads.
>
> cheers,
> -steve

Getestet von Stiftung Warentest: GMX FreeMail (GUT), GMX ProMail (GUT)
(Heft 9/03 - 23 e-mail-Tarife: 6 gut, 12 befriedigend, 5 ausreichend)

Jetzt selbst kostenlos testen: http://www.gmx.net