[ltp] Mini-PCI 802.11b on R40?

mukesh agrawal linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 15 Sep 2003 14:12:52 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 15 Sep 2003, Steve K wrote:

> However, if I were buying something new, I'd probably look for a
> tri-mode Mini-PCI card, but I don't know much about them.  This one
> seems to be tri-mode and uses the Atheros chipset (that is what is in
> the IBM card):

I'm confused about this... IBM lists a tri-mode card on their website.

http://www-132.ibm.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?lang=en_US&catalogId=-840&langId=-1&prmenbr=1&cntrfnbr=1&partNumber=31P9701&storeId=1&cntry=840

(Part # 31P9701, in case the link doesn't work.)

Is that card not the same one that people are using the MadWIFI driver
with? (I assume the 31P9701 has the Atheros chipset, since the other two
cards listed as accessories for the T40 are Intel and Cisco cards.)

Or is the IBM website wrong in calling it an a/b/g card? Or maybe the
driver doesn't support g on the card IBM sells?