[ltp] cpudyn, cpufreqd, apmiser

Benjamí Villoslada linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 22 Sep 2003 03:34:44 +0200

On Wednesday 03 September 2003 00:28, Brad Langhorst wrote:
> I've just got 2.6.0 working on my T40p
> (apm mode with vesa framebuffer at the moment)
>
> Now /proc/cpufreq has some values
> (though /proc/sys/cpu/0/* remain 0)
>
> I'm not sure which of these power saving programs to use...
>
> cpudyn just says
>
> cpudynd version 0.4.3 Copyright: Ricardo Galli <gallir@uib.es>
> cpudynd: CPU frequency control disabled
> Error: Nothing to do, exiting

Probably you don't have the /sys file:

"This program control the speed in Intel SpeedStep, Pentium 4 Mobile and
PowerPC machines with the cpufreq compiled in the kernel (check if
/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor or /proc/cpufreq
exist)."

http://mnm.uib.es/~gallir/cpudyn/

--
Benjamí
http://bitassa.com

Outlook Users Disclaimer:  All rights reserved for my email address.  In order
to avoid Outlook viruses, you are not allowed to store it in your address
book or email folders.

.