[ltp] Thinkpad T40 screen goes dead under Red Hat 9 ..

Peter Theunis linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 22 Sep 2003 16:07:29 -0700

Hey,

I believe that a stock redhat kernel has all these nice little features built as modules so you list the loaded modules to find out what was recognized and loaded; simply issue the following commands as root:

List loaded modules
"lsmod"
This should return you a list that might contain the offending radeonfb

Remove a loaded module
"rmmod module", in this case "rmmod radeonfb"
Insert a module
"modprobe module"

see if that helps,