[ltp] Thinkpad T40 screen goes dead under Red Hat 9 ..

Adrian Woizik linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 23 Sep 2003 08:37:30 +0200

* Mark G. Spencer | 2003-09-22 14:42:17 [-0700]:

>I'm hoping I do not have to kill all power saving features in the BIOS and
>can instead come to some kind of solution within Red Hat 9 to keep these
>machines from going into the terminal blank screen ..

I have the same behavior with my t40p. The best solution i found was to
disable the lcd-off in the BIOS while running an apm-linux.

You can also use tpctl to turn off the LCD-Timer.

XFree86 is able to switch your lcd off via dpms, which works perfect.

HTH,
--
*       Adrian Woizik * aw@yauw.de * http://yauw.de/aw        *
                   There's no place like ~