[ltp] unable to upgrade BIOS on T40

Valient Gough linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
24 Sep 2003 10:48:40 -0700

--=-H8u8OcFN9rGW3xdrtvNa

I've seen new BIOS versions come out for the T40, but I can no longer
seem to upgrade BIOS.  The last time it worked was when I upgraded to
1.03.  Now when I try and upgrade, the machine starts to shut down,
gives the standard "please wait while shutting down" screen of the IBM
security manager, and then gives a loud beep and hangs.  The first time
this happened, I waited ~10 minutes just to make sure it wasn't really
doing anything and then forced a power cycle.  I've tried turning off
BIOS protection/passwords, uninstalling IBM security manager, and
nothing helps.

Anyone seen similar behavior and found a solution?

regards,
Valient Gough

--=-H8u8OcFN9rGW3xdrtvNa

<HTML>
<HEAD>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<BR>
I've seen new BIOS versions come out for the T40, but I can no longer seem to upgrade BIOS.&nbsp; The last time it worked was when I upgraded to 1.03.&nbsp; Now when I try and upgrade, the machine starts to shut down, gives the standard &quot;please wait while shutting down&quot; screen of the IBM security manager, and then gives a loud beep and hangs.&nbsp; The first time this happened, I waited ~10 minutes just to make sure it wasn't really doing anything and then forced a power cycle.&nbsp; I've tried turning off BIOS protection/passwords, uninstalling IBM security manager, and nothing helps.<BR>
<BR>
Anyone seen similar behavior and found a solution?<BR>
<BR>
regards,<BR>
Valient Gough<BR>
<BR>