[ltp] apmd question

Peter Theunis linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 24 Sep 2003 12:49:50 -0700

>From the apmd man page...

"
It can execute a command (normally a shell script) when certain events are reported by the driver, and  will log,  via syslogd(8), certain changes in system power status.  When the available battery power becomes very low, it can alert all users on the system using several methods.
"
The advantages look pretty obvious to me. Google around and see how many times people have to run scripts when resuming/suspending.
I personally have to sync my software clock on my T40 everytime it comes back from sleep.

Cheers !

peter