[ltp] Does the t40p support dual display?

Neil Weisenfeld linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 27 Sep 2003 16:41:55 -0400

The configure program for the ATI Linux driver that I have includes this
message:

> This program will create the ATI "XF86Config-4" file
> - based on your selections - for the below listed boardtypes...
>
>          - ATI Radeon 8500 / 9100
>          - ATI FireGL 8700 / 8800
>          - ATI FireGL E1
>          - ATI FireGL T2
>          - ATI Radeon 9000
>          - ATI Radeon 9200
>          - ATI Radeon 9500
>          - ATI Radeon 9600
>          - ATI Radeon 9700
>          - ATI Radeon 9800
>          - ATI FireGL Z1 / X1 / X2
>          - ATI Mobility M9
>          - ATI Mobility FireGL 9000
>          - ATI Mobility M9PLUS

I don't know about the architectural similarities of the 7500 vs the
8500 and I certainly can't tell you what the effect of using their
software would be.  I would think that it would be unlikely that you'd
damage the hardware, however if you are worried about it and can't
afford the consequences if you do damage your machine, then I'd suggest
not trying it.

Good luck!

neil