[ltp] Battery status reports disagree

Christoph Schmitz linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 29 Sep 2003 13:48:01 +0200

Hi all,

I'm facing the following problem with my T22: even though "apm" and
the KDE battery status thingy (KLaptop) say my battery is still, say,
80% full, I get low battery warnings after a few minutes without AC
and my laptop forcibly goes into suspend mode.

So it seems that the "apm" command and whoever sends the battery
warnings to the console get their information from disagreeing
sources.

My battery may well be dying after 2 years and > 200 cycles, but that
doesn't explain the disagreeing values. Any ideas? Could a BIOS
update or something like that help?

I've tried cycling my battery several times, but to no avail.

Thanks for any suggestions,

Christoph

--
-- Christoph Schmitz <schmitz at aifb.uni-karlsruhe.de>