[ltp] Driver for built-in T40 modem?

otisg linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 29 Sep 2003 08:10:52 -0400

Hello,

I have a T40 laptop with Redhat 9.0 on it.  While this TP comes
with the built-in modem, I have not been able to get it
working.

If anyone has a T40 with a working built-in modem, I would
really appreciate the modem driver hint: which driver do you use
with this modem?  Without this, I cannot be trully mobile with
this mobile computer ;)

While I see a mention of slmdm package at
http://thunk.org/tytso/linux/t40.html#modem, I have not tried
this approach yet, and it doesn't sound too promising.

The output of `lspci` contains this relevant line:

  00:1f.6 Modem: Intel Corp. 82801DB AC'97 Modem (rev 01)

Thank you,
Otis

Get your own "800" number
Voicemail, fax, email, and a lot more