SOLVED: Re: [ltp] USB mouse problem

Gonzalo Avaria linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 29 Sep 2003 11:15:08 -0400

Well, i solved by choosing on the =A8looking for new hardware=A8 window tha=
t=20
apeared on boot, the usb mouse. The problem now is that if i take out the=20
mouse, i can=B4t get the track point to work again. So that should be the n=
ext=20
problem that i will have to solve. So thanks for the time but don=B4t worry=
, it=20
is solved.
Thanks
Gonzalo

On Monday 29 September 2003 10:32, Gonzalo Avaria wrote:
> Hi experts
> well, i have the following problem. I bougt a USB optical mouse, that can
> be used with ps2 and usb ports. I tested first with the ps2 port and it
> worked fine. Trackpoint and mouse worked simultaneusly and with no
> problems, until i switched to the usb port. I restarted the TP (TP600x,
> refurbished) and looked for new hardware, it said that the ps2 mouse was
> removed and when i got to the kde login the mouse dissapeared. The usb
> doesn=B4t work and the trackpoint goes to the left lower cornerand with
> erratical behaive. It=B4s like i don=B4t have configured the mouse.
> I don=B4t know where to go now because rigth now i don=B4t have the adapt=
er to
> use the ps2 port with the mouse.
> Can anyone help me?? I use Mandrake 9.1
> Thanks for the help.