[ltp] USB mouse problem

Joel Ebel linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 29 Sep 2003 13:00:16 -0400

I'd recommend making the trackpoint Mouse1 and the USB mouse Mouse2, so
the trackpoint will be your core pointer.  That way you can still use
the trackpoint when the USB mouse isn't there.  A core pointer is
required, so if your core pointer is missing, you're out of luck.  Also,
is /dev/usbmouse a link?  normally the mouse device is in
/dev/input/mice or mouse0, mouse1 etc. for individual USB mice.

As for autoloading, is hotplug not present?  It usually handles all the
module loading for USB.

Joel