[ltp] Aironet Wireless on T40

Greg Meyer linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 1 Apr 2004 11:47:28 -0500

On Thursday 01 April 2004 11:12 am, Siraj Patel wrote:
> I'm sorry Greg, I think I need to start again. But on trying to uninstall
> the ndis wrapper the kernel crashes.
>
> modprobe -r ndiswrapper.
>
> Please can you be kind enough to help me uninstall it again, and reinstall
> it, and how on re-installation I can make eth1 instead. I'm new to this,
> I've spent over 10 days non-stop trying to get this working. I've tried
> Fabrice Bellet airo_mpi, everything, I just can't get it to work, I feel
> like i should just give up, but I've spent to long on this now to have it
> not working.
>
> I just want the wireless to work in linux (Fedora Core)
>
> If you could help me in my quest, I'd trulely appreciate it.

Well, I have never used ndiswrapper myself, so I am not sure how much use I'll
be.

If ndiswrapper cannot be removed once loaded, let's try keeping it from
or /etc/modules files (I am assuming you are using a 2.4.x kernel, otherwise
the files are /etc/modprobe.conf and /etc/modprobe.preload)

are there any config files in etc that reference ndiswrapper.  Try

grep ndiswrapper -R /etc

--
/g