[ltp] Re: T30, Kernel 2.6, Ps/2 and USB mouse.

Juergen Stuber linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 01 Apr 2004 18:23:51 +0200

Hi Emanuel,

"Emanuel Lauria" <dub@unixmexico.org> writes:

> I recently update to the 2.6 version of the linux kernel. It is a really
> cool kernel release. The only "but" here is that my PS/2 Touchpad gets
> disabled if I boot linux with a USB mouse attached. I checked my BIOS
> config and I saw it just has two options in the Keyboard/Mouse section:
> disabled or automatic. Disable means that never gets activated, obviously.
> Automatic, means that if it finds a USB mouse, it disable the PS2 mouse...
> The thing here is that there is no "Enable" option, so I can't get both
> mices if I boot with a USB mouse connected. What can I do?.. I hate
> unpluging my USB mouse every time I boot and then have to reconnect it.

I have a T30 (2366-085).
The BIOS option is set on automatic, since 2.6.2 I give i8042.nomux
as a kernel option, now I'm at 2.6.4.
I use X with the Synaptics driver, with two input sections
for the two mice.  I don't use gpm.
Works fine with all the buttons, touchpad and stick, together
with various Logitech mice (cheap optical/MX500/MX700).

See also http://www.loria.fr/~stuber/t30/debian-ibm-t30-2366-085.html

Hope this helps

Jürgen

--
Jürgen Stuber <stuber@loria.fr>
http://www.loria.fr/~stuber/

Please always send email as plain text.
Email sent as HTML will be filtered and read later, or may get lost in spam.