[ltp] R40 Recovery Partition

Micha Holzmann linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 1 Apr 2004 21:37:06 +0200

--zYM0uCDKw75PZbzx

Tony Whitmore wrote:
> I was told that they cannot ship CDs when the Rescue Area is OK because=
=20
> it effectively breaks MS License Agreement in that only one backup is=20
> allowed per license. TBH I'm not that upset about any of the above. I'm=
=20
> only keeping the Windows partition until the warranty runs out and then=
=20
> I'll hose it and the Rescue Area to regain the disk space. I've not=20
> booted into Windows for months, and that was to upgrade the firmware on=
=20
> my CD-RW drive.

I was told the same, but i told them back, that i have to increase the
space of the system. For this reason we have to buy new hdd. In order
they (the new hdd) have no predesktop area or this hpa they was willing
to send us two sets. (We bought one T40p and one T41 in the USA, but one
of this computers is located in germany). After one week the cd set was
delivered.

Best regards,
Micha Holzmann

--=20
Who the hell is General Failure, and why he is reading my disk?

--zYM0uCDKw75PZbzx

--zYM0uCDKw75PZbzx--