[ltp] suspend resume works fine for short suspends - fails for longer suspends

mukesh agrawal linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 2 Apr 2004 08:27:29 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 2 Apr 2004, Bradley W. Langhorst wrote:

> I have a T40 running debian testing  APM, kernel 2.6.4
>
> suspend/resume works fine if i test it out 20 times quickly (up to about
> 30 minutes delay between suspend and resume)
>
> but if i leave the machine suspended overnight it invariably fails to
> resume - the backlight comes on and i get the garbage screen i usually
> do right after resuming but even the magic sysreq keys do nothing.

Is the display on X, or console, when you suspend?

If the display is on X when I suspend, then I have the switch to console
(ctrl-alt-f1), hit fn-f3 (to blank the screen), and then some other key
(to unblank the screen), and then switch back to X (ctrl-alt-f7).