[ltp] suspend resume works fine for short suspends - fails for longer suspends

Bradley W. Langhorst linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 02 Apr 2004 10:37:50 -0500

On Fri, 2004-04-02 at 08:27, mukesh agrawal wrote:
> On Fri, 2 Apr 2004, Bradley W. Langhorst wrote:
>
> > I have a T40 running debian testing  APM, kernel 2.6.4
> >
> > suspend/resume works fine if i test it out 20 times quickly (up to about
> > 30 minutes delay between suspend and resume)
> >
> > but if i leave the machine suspended overnight it invariably fails to
> > resume - the backlight comes on and i get the garbage screen i usually
> > do right after resuming but even the magic sysreq keys do nothing.
>
> Is the display on X, or console, when you suspend?
i've tried both - it doesn't matter. I can suspend and resume to my
heart's content as long as i don't leave the computer suspended too
long.

> If the display is on X when I suspend, then I have the switch to console
> (ctrl-alt-f1), hit fn-f3 (to blank the screen), and then some other key
> (to unblank the screen), and then switch back to X (ctrl-alt-f7).
i've seen that too - but my system is totally hosed  when it "comes
back" after a long time suspended

brad
--
Bradley W. Langhorst <brad@langhorst.com>