[ltp] Re: R40 centrino wireless *almost* working

Krishna Sethuraman linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 2 Apr 2004 20:10:29 -0800

Andreas D. Landmark, dirk husemann sent their configuration info and
experiences.  I had tweaked every setting multiple times when searching
around for AP's, except for setting essid by hand.  I did:

modprobe ndiswrapper
iwlist wlan0 scan
iwconfig wlan0 essid tmobile
iwconfig wlan0 essid tmobile  (sometimes I had to do this twice)

associated me with an AP address that persisted.

Then ifup wlan0 (after adding the appropriate line to
/etc/network/interfaces under Debian sarge) got me an IP address via
DHCP.

Thanks to Messrs. Landmark and Husemann for their info, and to others
who posted.

Krishna Sethuraman
krishgoo@wapacut.com