[ltp] T40 (2372-92G) and 2.6 kernels - pain will not go away

Sun, 04 Apr 2004 17:33:55 +0200

> aw> Sorry, but this is complete nonsense, since it would create a link
> aw> /lib/modules pointing at /etc/modprobe.conf.
>
> Please read the ln man page.
>
> If /lib/modules exists and is a directory (which is the case here),
> then ln will create a symlink /lib/modules/modprobe.conf pointing to
> /etc/modprobe.conf. Exactly, as your parent poster mentioned -- try it
> out yourself.

You're right, sorry for confusion.

> That said, I don't know Debian, so I can't comment if the location is
> /lib/modules/ or /etc/. It's /etc/ in all distributions that I've ever
> used.

That's what I'm still wondering about as well, why would you like to
point from /lib/modules/modprobe.conf to /etc/modprobe.conf? I wrote
that it was nonsense, because I thought that the idea was to point from
/etc/modprobe.conf to /lib/modules/modprobe.conf.

I should read more carefully, i guess.

André.