[ltp] R40 display brightness on battery power?

Benjamin Weste Pearre linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 5 Apr 2004 16:32:11 -0600

Just a quickie here -- on line power the display on my R40 is much
brighter than on battery.  Obviously this is best for power, but I'd
prefer to manage this myself using Fn-[Home|End].  I've looked through
the BIOS settings (mostly using tpctl) and the ones that look like
they might possibly disable LCD dimming don't have any effect.
Apparently my skill (patience?) with google and The Archives is
insufficient.  Do y'all know how to change this?  (the dimming, that
is, although offers to make my skill sufficient at just about anything
are also welcome ;)

Cheers!
-Ben

--